Standard First Aid Refresher Course
This Standard First Aid Refresher Course allows current standard first aid providers to renew their certification. Successful participants will get a 2-year Standard First Aid certification.This course is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and recognized by the National Registry of Coaches. It covers the most important first aid topics, such as burns, fractures, wound care, and CPR and AED.
- Sports coaches, instructors and trainers
- MOE school teachers
- Individual who is interested to become a Standard First Aid Instructor
- The Standard First Aid certification is a requirement for all Singapore Sports Coaches/Instructors/Trainers to attain under the Sports Singapore (Sports SG).
- Volunteers and Individuals who want to be certified competent in their first aid skills and knowledge.
The goal of this course is to provide relevant knowledge and skills in rendering first aid treatment during an emergency or injury during the course of coaching.
Note :- To sign up for the course, make a bank transfer to the following account, enrol online at this page, or call +65 9189 4217 or Paynow at UEN: 202102858M. If you do a Paynow transfer, remember to send the fund transfer transaction screenshot/receipt via WhatsApp to +65 9189 4217 https://wa.me/6591894217 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
BANK NAME : OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORPORATION
BANK ADDRESS : 65 Chulia Street OCBC Centre 049513
ACCOUNT NAME : Nuffield Academy Private Limited
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 601-418239-001
SWIFT CODE : OCBCSGSGXXX
Paynow UEN : 202102858M
Participants must perform 2 minutes of nonstop chest compressions as part of course assessment requirements, which can be physically demanding.
It is advised to refrain from participating in this course if you:
- Have medical ailments such as back pain, knee, joint, or spinal injuries, heart problems, high blood pressure, fainting spells, other physical conditions, other medical disabilities, or if serious diseases are present or have ever been a source of discomfort; or
- Are pregnant.
If you decide to continue with the course in spite of prevailing medical conditions, please obtain your doctor’s approval and provide us with a doctor’s letter stating your clearance to participate. Failure to be assessed and subsequently pass the practical component will cause you to fail the course. You will not be certified in CPR + AED; you will only be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- Able to speak, read and understand English proficiently
- No medical conditions (specifically heart and/or lung) or physical disabilities/injuries that would prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants are required to have a valid Standard First Aid Certificate to be able to participate in the course.
- This course provides the relevant knowledge and skills needed to apply first aid to adult casualty during any medical emergency that might arise and to use the Automated Defibrillator (AED) safely.
- Recognise a medical emergency situation.
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency Action Principles.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of identified emergencies, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform the necessary and correct first aid treatment to a casualty based on the emergency, illness and injury
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for adult victims.
Definition and Aims of First Aid
Roles / Limitations of a First Aider
First Aid Kit Contents and Maintenance
Introduction to SCDF MyResponder AppChapter 2: Unconscious Casualty [Non-Cardiac Arrest]
Head and Spinal Injuries
Low Blood Sugar
Recovery PositionChapter 3: Respiratory Problems
Adult Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
Allergic ReactionChapter 4: Shock, Bleeding and Wounds
Bleeding and Wounds
Bites and StingsChapter 5: Musculoskeletal Injuries
Fracture and Dislocation
Dislocated Shoulder, Rib. Arms and LegsChapter 6: Burn Injuries
Burns Depth and Severity of Burns
Classification and Treatment of BurnsChapter 7: Other First Aid Knowledge
Transportation of CasualtyChapter 8: CPR+AED Module
Use the AED
eligible for the assessments.
Assessment OutlineAssessment Outline:
(i) Written Assessment (Up to 3 attempts to pass)
– 30 Multiple Choice Questions (80% to pass, 24/30)(ii) Practical Assessment (Up to 3 attempts to pass)
– CPR(HO)+AED (includes Continuous Hands-Only Chest Compressions QCPR)
– Bandaging (1 X Bleeding and 1 X Fracture)
– Application of Tourniquet
– Conscious and Unconscious Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Choking)
– Administration of EpiPen
– Administration of MDI with Spacer
Convenient Location – NUFFIELD ACADEMY is a 5-min walk from MacPherson MRT stationPractice with Real-Life Scenarios – Combining classroom instructions with real-world applications boost participant performance significantly.
Feedback-Based Improvements – We genuinely take all feedback seriously to improve our learning environment for you.
Accredited – The course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by SRFAC.
High Quality Equipment Usage – NUFFIELD ACADEMY uses Prestan (from US), Brayden (from Korea) and Ambu (from Denmark) QCPR manikins that are unique and have advanced features to give you best learning experience.
Small Group Practical – 1 Facilitator : 4 Learners (up to 4 Facilitators per class)