BCLS + AED Course
Our Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS + AED) Course is designed to give participants the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform high quality CPR and manage foreign body airway obstructions in choking incidences in adult, child and infant casualties. This course also teaches participants the proper usage of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The programme follows the standards and procedures outlined by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
Duration: 7 hours (Classroom)
Course Fee: S$120
Who is this for?
- Healthcare professionals (nurses, doctors, dentists and clinic assistants)
- Parents (of infants and children) keen on learning resuscitation skills
- Individuals interested to learn in-depth adult, children and infant resuscitation
Certification: On successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded with certification. It is valid for 2 years from date of completion of the course. Certification is accredited by SRFAC and will be emailed to participants in the form of an e-certificate.
The training syllabus and assessment guidelines are designed to meet the standards set by SRFAC.
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator on Adults
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator on Children
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator on Infants
- Convenient Location – NUFFIELD ACADEMY is a 5-min walk from MacPherson MRT station.
- Practice with Real-Life Scenarios – Combining classroom instructions with real-world applications boost participant performance significantly.
- Feedback-Based Improvements – We genuinely take all feedback seriously to improve our learning environment for you.
- Accredited – The course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by SRFAC.
- High Quality Equipment Usage – NUFFIELD ACADEMY uses Prestan (from US), Brayden (from Korea) and Ambu (from Denmark) QCPR manikins that are unique and have advanced features to give you best learning experience.
|Course Comparison||CPR + AED||BCLS + AED|
|Course Duration||4-hours (fully in-person)||7-hours (fully in-person)|
|Recommended For||Anyone keen to learn CPR + AED||Healthcare Professionals & Anyone keen on learning in-depth Adult, Children and Infant resuscitation|
|Use of AED||✔️||✔️|
|Adult/Child FBAO* (Conscious/Unconscious)||❌||✔️|
|Infant FBAO* (Conscious/Unconscious)||❌||✔️|
FBAO* = Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
At the end of the BCLS + AED course, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and assist in managing cardiac arrests.
- Understand a rescuer’s role in the chain of survival.
- Demonstrate competency in providing CPR in adult, child and infant casualties.
- Perform CPR and operate the AED competently, confidently and safely.
- Recognize and manage Foreign Body Airway Obstruction/Choking in adult, child and infants.
- Able to speak, read and understand English proficiently
- No medical conditions (specifically heart and/or lung) or physical disabilities/injuries that would prevent the participant from performing CPR
Declaration of Medical Conditions if any
Participants must perform 2 minutes of nonstop chest compressions as part of course assessment requirements, which can be physically demanding.
It is advised to refrain from participating in this course if you:
- Have medical ailments such as back pain, knee, joint, or spinal injuries, heart problems, high blood pressure, fainting spells, other physical conditions, other medical disabilities, or if serious diseases are present or have ever been a source of discomfort; or
- Are pregnant.
If you decide to continue with the course in spite of prevailing medical conditions, please obtain your doctor’s approval and provide us with a doctor’s letter stating your clearance to participate. Failure to be assessed and subsequently pass the practical component will cause you to fail the course. You will not be certified in BCLS + AED; you will only be issued with a certificate of attendance.
1) Theory Assessment
- Participants must complete a test with 25 multiple-choice questions and score at least 80% to successfully pass the course.
- If participants fail the theory assessment, they will be given up to 2 additional attempts to pass.
2) Practical Assessment
Participants will need to demonstrate competency in the following skills:
a) Perform CPR and use an AED safely
b) Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) in a conscious/unconscious adult
c) Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) in a conscious/unconscious infant
If participants fail the practical assessment, they will be given up to 2 additional attempts to pass.
|1||Monday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Register|
|2||Wednesday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Register|
|3||Friday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Register|
|4||Sunday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Register|