BCLS + AED Course
Our Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS + AED) Course is designed to give participants the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform high quality CPR and manage foreign body airway obstructions in choking incidences in adult, child and infant casualties. This course also teaches participants the proper usage of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The programme follows the standards and procedures outlined by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
For Whom :-
- Healthcare professionals (nurses, doctors, dentists and clinic assistants)
- Parents (of infants and children) keen on learning resuscitation skills
- Individuals interested to learn in-depth adult, children and infant resuscitation
This course is eligible for the Union Training Assistance Program (UTAP) subsidy.
Specially catered for all NTUC Union members – who can enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when they sign up for any course supported by UTAP.
More information can be found on NTUC’s UTAP website. Click Here
How to apply for UTAP funding support?
Step 1: Ensure that your NTUC Union membership is valid – you may check it’s validity by:
a) Chatting with NTUC’s Chat Bot at ntuc.co/chat
b) Login to your u Portal via www.ntuc.org.sg
• Login using Singpass or UPortal ID and password
• Click on E-statement & View “Last Paid Date”
Step 3: Log in to your U Portal account here https://www.ntuc.org.sg/wps/portal/up2/home/eserviceslanding?id=6bc1ca2c-ce81-4acb-a28f-c0be586e185f to submit your UTAP claim.
In order to submit a claim, you will need:
• Proof of Payment (eg: Course Invoice/Receipt)
• Proof of Completion (eg: Certificate/Results Slip)
* both these documents will be provided to you by us.
Please remember apply for your UTAP claim within 6 months of course completion. Late claims will be rejected.
Note :- To sign up for the course, make a bank transfer to the following account, enrol online at this page, or call +65 9189 4217 or Paynow at UEN: 202102858M. If you do a Paynow transfer, remember to send the fund transfer transaction screenshot/receipt via WhatsApp to +65 9189 4217 https://wa.me/6591894217 or email it to email@example.com
BANK NAME : OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORPORATION
BANK ADDRESS : 65 Chulia Street OCBC Centre 049513
ACCOUNT NAME : Nuffield Academy Private Limited
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 601-418239-001
SWIFT CODE : OCBCSGSGXXX
Paynow UEN : 202102858M
Declaration of Medical Conditions if any
Participants must perform 2 minutes of nonstop chest compressions as part of course assessment requirements, which can be physically demanding.It is advised to refrain from participating in this course if you:
- Have medical ailments such as back pain, knee, joint, or spinal injuries, heart problems, high blood pressure, fainting spells, other physical conditions, other medical disabilities, or if serious diseases are present or have ever been a source of discomfort; or
- Are pregnant.
If you decide to continue with the course in spite of prevailing medical conditions, please obtain your doctor’s approval and provide us with a doctor’s letter stating your clearance to participate. Failure to be assessed and subsequently pass the practical component will cause you to fail the course. You will not be certified in BCLS + AED; you will only be issued with a certificate of attendance.
- Able to speak, read and understand English proficiently
- No medical conditions (specifically heart and/or lung) or physical disabilities/injuries that would prevent the participant from performing CPR
At the end of the BCLS + AED course,participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and assist in managing cardiac arrests.
- Understand a rescuer’s role in the chain of survival.
- Demonstrate competency in providing CPR in adult, child and infant casualties.
- Perform CPR and operate the AED competently, confidently and safely.
- Recognize and manage Foreign Body Airway Obstruction/Choking in adult, child and infants.
The training syllabus and assessment guidelines are designed to meet the standards set by SRFAC.
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator on Adults
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator on Children
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator on Infants
1) Theory Assessment
- Participants must complete a test with 25 multiple-choice questions and score at least 80% to successfully pass the course.
- If participants fail the theory assessment, they will be given up to 2 additional attempts to pass.
2) Practical Assessment
Participants will need to demonstrate competency in the following skills:
a) Perform CPR and use an AED safely
b) Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) in a conscious/unconscious adult
c) Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) in a conscious/unconscious infant
If participants fail the practical assessment, they will be given up to 2 additional attempts to pass.
- Convenient Location – NUFFIELD ACADEMY is a 5-min walk from MacPherson MRT station.
- Practice with Real-Life Scenarios – Combining classroom instructions with real-world applications boost participant performance significantly.
- Feedback-Based Improvements – We genuinely take all feedback seriously to improve our learning environment for you.
- Accredited –The course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by SRFAC.
- High Quality Equipment Usage – NUFFIELD ACADEMY uses Prestan (from US), Brayden (from Korea) and Ambu (from Denmark) QCPR manikins that are unique and have advanced features to give you best learning experience.
|Course Comparison||CPR + AED||BCLS + AED|
|Course Duration||4-hours (fully in-person)||Half Day (fully in-person)|
|Recommended For||Anyone keen to learn CPR + AED||Healthcare Professionals & Anyone keen on learning in-depth Adult, Children and Infant resuscitation|
|Use of AED||✔️||✔️|
|Adult/Child FBAO* (Conscious/Unconscious)||❌||✔️|
|Infant FBAO* (Conscious/Unconscious)||❌||✔️|
FBAO* = Foreign Body Airway Obstruction