Basic Mandarin Training for Healthcare Workers
The objective of this course is to provide healthcare workers with a foundation in basic Mandarin language skills to enhance their ability to communicate effectively with Mandarin-speaking patients.
Objective:- The objective of this course is to provide healthcare workers with a foundation in basic Mandarin language skills to enhance their ability to communicate effectively with Mandarin-speaking patients. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Greet and introduce themselves in Mandarin.
- Use basic medical terminology and vocabulary.
- Communicate common symptoms, conditions, and instructions.
- Engage in basic conversations with Mandarin-speaking patients.
- Understand cultural considerations when interacting with Mandarin-speaking patients.
Note :- To sign up for the course, make a bank transfer to the following account, enrol online at this page, or call +65 9189 4217 or Paynow at UEN: 202102858M. If you do a Paynow transfer, remember to send the fund transfer transaction screenshot/receipt via WhatsApp to +65 9189 4217 https://wa.me/6591894217 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
BANK NAME : OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORPORATION
BANK ADDRESS : 65 Chulia Street OCBC Centre 049513
ACCOUNT NAME : Nuffield Academy Private Limited
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 601-418239-001
SWIFT CODE : OCBCSGSGXXX
Paynow UEN : 202102858M
- Introduction (15 minutes)
- Welcome and course overview.
- Importance of Mandarin in healthcare settings.
- Setting expectations and objectives.
- Mandarin Basics (30 minutes)
- Introduction to Pinyin system.
- Tones and their significance in Mandarin.
- Basic greetings and phrases.
- Medical Terminology and Vocabulary (60 minutes)
- Common medical terms and their Mandarin equivalents.
- Anatomy and body parts in Mandarin.
- Symptoms, conditions, and medications in Mandarin.
- Communication Skills (60 minutes)
- Effective communication techniques in healthcare.
- Active listening and clarifying techniques.
- Expressing empathy and understanding.
- Cultural sensitivity in communication.
- Role-Play Scenarios (60 minutes)
- Interactive role-play exercises focusing on doctor-patient, nurse-patient, and receptionist-patient interactions.
- Practice using Mandarin phrases and vocabulary in realistic healthcare scenarios.
- Cultural Considerations in Healthcare (30 minutes)
- Understanding Chinese cultural beliefs and practices related to healthcare.
- Cultural etiquette and building trust with Mandarin-speaking patients.
- Review and Q&A Session (15 minutes)
- Recap of key learning points.
- Addressing participant questions and concerns.
- Resources for Further Learning (15 minutes)
- Recommended online courses, apps, and language exchange programs.
- Suggested books and references for continuous learning